As artists of color, the Black On Point collective at San Francisco’s Hunters Point Shipyard Artists (HPSA) colony, our intention is to support Black artists at HPSA and the surrounding San Francisco community through the exchange of ideas, talent, and education.
The core ideals are:
· to strengthen our community
· to create a support network for African-American artists
· to explore opportunities for our members to create networks
· to develop, plan, implement and promote professional opportunities to showcase artist work for greater exposure
· to provide a supportive and productive environment in which the artists can develop as individuals